Bathurst Resources wants to turn the spectacular Denniston Plateau into a large open cast coal mine. And Westpac is helping to finance them.
Westpac’s financing helps Bathurst Resources pursue their plans to mine up to 84 million tonnes of coal on the West Coast’s Denniston Plateau and along the adjacent Buller plateau. This would put another 218 million tonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere.
Tell Westpac you want them to stop funding climate change, especially coal mining on the Denniston Plateau.
Act Now To Save Denniston
Tell them to call in their loan and stop extending financing to Bathurst Resources Ltd.
Spread The Word With These Campaign Resources
- Download, read and share our campaign flyer
- Download and share the campaign logo
- Follow CANA and 350 on Twitter for the latest campaign news.
Find Out More About Denniston And Bathurst
- The Westport Story: Right Of Reply From Coal Action Network
- Forest & Bird Denniston Campaign
- Denniston: Too Precious To Mine (video)
- CANA’s Denniston article archive
- CANA’s Bathurst Resources article archive