Say No to Fossil Fools | Panel Discussion | Wellington | Monday 17 October 2011
West Coast Environment Network Inc, Greenpeace NZ, Forest and Bird and Coal Action Network Aotearoa are pleased to invite you to:
Say No to Fossil Fools
A panel discussion with groups campaigning against fossil fool extraction.
Monday 17th October, 6-8pm
Wellington Central Baptist Church, 46-48 Boulcott St, Wellington.
- Jeanette Fitzsimons (former Green MP, concerned grandmother) on Southland lignite
- Rod Morris (wildlife photographer) on the biodiversity rich conservation land of the proposed Denniston coal mine
- Mike Smith (Greenpeace NZ) on the threat of deep sea oil drilling happening off the East Coast
- Robyn Harris-Iles (Environmental researcher) on fracking (hydraulic fracturing)
Free entry; koha appreciated
Each panellist will speak for 15 minutes. There will then be 45 minutes for questions and discussion, followed by time to check out the stalls of groups working on fossil fuel / climate change / climate justice campaigns here in Aotearoa NZ. Tea, coffee, biscuits provided.
Join the movement against the destructive expansion of fossil fuel extraction in the lands and waters of Aotearoa New Zealand. Protect our climate / health / conservation land / farmland / seabeds.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is a flat entry (no stairs) into Wellington Central Baptist Church via the path to the right of the venue.
- There is free carparking available across the road at the Wilson Carpark – Just say you are at the meeting at the Wellington Central Baptist Church. (The Church has kindly offered for us to benefit from this arrangement with Wilsons Carpark).
- Of course, if you can bus / bike / walk etc to get there, great!